Course Description :
In this introductory course, you will learn the fundamentals of power engineering theory, notation and calculations pertaining to power system analysis. The concepts of complex power, phasor notation and per unit quantities are discussed and the fundamental equations and laws are presented and exercised.. Basic theory of electrical machines, transmission liens and transformers will also be presented.
This course is intended to give the non-electrical engineers a general background of the basics of electrical engineers. By the end of the course participants should be acquainted with the following:
- Basics theories of electrical engineering including Ohm’s Law, Kirchoff’s Law
- Concepts of AC and Dc systems
- Single and three phase systems
- Dc machines operation theory
- Transformer operation theory
- Transmission lines fundamentals
Who should attend?
The course will be useful for non-electrical engineers including; mechanical, chemical, architecture and civil engineers. The course is also suitable for technicians who would like to refresh their background.